You’ve put all that hard work into getting product reviews on Trust Pilot, but now you still lack the social proof on your WooCommerce product pages. This is the exact situation I had with a client, as they had an automated sequence which asked customers to leave a review on Trust Pilot. They’ve been importing these reviews manually from Trust Pilot to WooCommerce, which isn’t fun when you have a big store and hundreds (or even thousands) product reviews per month.
Luckily, there is a way to semi-automate this process. We’ll be using Product Reviews Import Export plugin to make this happen.
First we need to export product reviews from Trust Pilot:
- Login to your business Trust Pilot account
- Choose Reviews > Product Reviews from the sidebar menu
- Choose “More Filters” button to reveal “Date” widget. Click on it.
- Choose the date range from the date you want to import the reviews to the present da te if you’re doing it for the first time. Otherwise, choose the last time reviews have been imported to the present day. Click Apply and Export.
Prepare template file for import
Next we need to prepare CSV spreadsheet with specific values to be able to import reviews.
Download Sample product review file HERE and fill it out like this, using the reviews you’ve previously exported from TrustPilot.
When everything is filled out correctly and special characters removed, save the file in CSV format.
Import reviews to WooCommerce
All that’s left now is to import the CSV file containing product reviews from TrustPilot to WooCommerce. I suggest importing a small portion of reviews first to test it make sure everything is in order.
- Install Product Reviews Import Export for WooCommerce plugin and activate it
- Go to WooCommerce > Product Reviews Im-Ex to load it
- Click on “Product Reviews Import” tab
- Choose the file you’ve prepared and click “Upload file and import” button
- Wait for the import to finish and then check the product pages to make sure reviews imported correctly
That’s it! Now set a reminder in your calendar to import product reviews from TrustPilot to WooCommerce on a regular basis and make sure to note down every time you do so.